The Employers have now made their final offer in respect of SJC Pay 2017/18. It is as follows;
• A flat rate increase of £350 for all SJC employees remunerated up to £35,000 (based on a 37hr working week).
• For those employees remunerated above £35,000, a 1% uplift in pay will apply;
• Councils will commit to using the Scottish Local Government Living Wage as the minimum pay level for all pay and allowances including additional hours worked, overtime and other allowances/premia (where applicable) and it will be pensionable;
• COSLA Employers agree to participate in a joint working group with the trade unions tasked with developing a future pay strategy that both sides can sign up to;
• The offer is for one year and covers the period 1 April, 2017 to 31 March 2018.
The Local Government Committee will now consider this offer on Thursday 9th March and agree a recommendation prior to fully consulting all our members affected by this. Full details of the arrangements will be communicated to branches by the end of the week.