For the attention of all Early Years Officers
A series of meetings have been set up, in conjunction with UNISON, to discuss possible options for Early Learning and Childcare from August 2020. These sessions are open to all Early Years Officers.
They are designed as information sessions and will give an overview of possible flexible models for delivery of EL&CC from August 2020. This is in response to the Scottish Governments intention to increase the amount of free early learning and childcare for all eligible children to 1140 hours per annum from August 2020.
Meetings have been arranged on the following days and locations and will run from 5.15 pm – 6.15 pm for all sessions:
Lochgelly High School
Glenrothes High School
Kirkcaldy High School
Queen Anne High School
Bell Baxter High School
All Early Years Officers are encouraged to attend one of the sessions.
If you have any questions please contact the Early Years team on 01592 583568.
UNISON Scotland will be conducting a consultative ballot in regards to the pay offer. The ballot will commence on 17th March closing at 12 noon on 7th April. This will be a digital online ballot, for those members we hold email address for you will receive an email with a link to the ballot. If you are not sure whether we have your up to date email address please contact the branch on 01592 583686 and we will update your records accordingly.
If you do not have an email account you will still be able to vote online.
The Employers have now made their final offer in respect of SJC Pay 2017/18. It is as follows;
• A flat rate increase of £350 for all SJC employees remunerated up to £35,000 (based on a 37hr working week).
• For those employees remunerated above £35,000, a 1% uplift in pay will apply;
• Councils will commit to using the Scottish Local Government Living Wage as the minimum pay level for all pay and allowances including additional hours worked, overtime and other allowances/premia (where applicable) and it will be pensionable;
• COSLA Employers agree to participate in a joint working group with the trade unions tasked with developing a future pay strategy that both sides can sign up to;
• The offer is for one year and covers the period 1 April, 2017 to 31 March 2018.
The Local Government Committee will now consider this offer on Thursday 9th March and agree a recommendation prior to fully consulting all our members affected by this. Full details of the arrangements will be communicated to branches by the end of the week.